In light of the UK entering another lockdown on Thursday 5 November 2020
we feel it is important to reassure all of our clients of the safety measures we are taking when conducting market research studies. These measures are in accordance with the UK Government and Market Research Society best practice guidelines
Face to Face Research
- Face to face data collection is still feasible if considered essential for the data collection process, but we recommend extending the timescale for recruitment to necessitate additional health assessment procedures
- Health screeners have been implemented for both interviewers and participants
- Due to the implementation of health screening for participants we highly recommend allowing for over-quotas to account for a potential rise in no-shows as a result of unexpected isolation
- Participants who have a high risk of infection and/or are shielding or caring for individuals vulnerable to Covid-19 and/or are clinically extremely vulnerable or clinically vulnerable are not recruited for face-to-face data collection.
- All interviewers are given the option to opt-in or out of conducting face to face research at the time the project is commissioned ensuring quality and consistency is retained across your study
- Interviewers are provided with PPE and sanitary cleansing wipes to clean data collection support materials before and after being handled by participants
Home Usage Test Research
- When face to face data collection is not essential, screeners and recall surveys are conducted via phone or online to limit social contact
- We request clients provide all products and placement instructions in sealed bags to minimise contact with project materials, whenever possible
- If products are being placed by interviewers, we operate a doorstep delivery/collection which complies with social distancing. Once a delivery or collection time is agreed, interviewers are instructed to ring the bell, leave package on the doorstep, step back at least 2 metres and ensure the participant collects the product from the doorstep. Products will never be left outside or with a neighbour
- When online recruitment is undertaken from LaunchPanel or LaunchPilot products are posted to participants using Royal Mail tracking or courier to limit social contact
- All returned test products & project materials are returned to Launchpad Office and stored for 48 hours. This may result in a delay in the return of test products to you
- If participants are not required to return test products & packaging, then we encourage clients to consider LaunchPilot, our online product testing community to further limit social contact during home use tests.